Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What’s in a name?

I have had quite a few people ask me “Why did you name your company DeVigniDesigns”?

Well this is briefly how DeVigniDesigns was born!

Brainstorming a name for a business was not as easy as I thought. Practically every name we thought of was taken! I wanted a business name that was unusual and had a special meaning. I made a checklist of my business attributes to try and help us. Some of our inspiration came from the following.

Selling jewelry and gifts                         = Design
Handmade, lamp work technique            = Artistic
Imported from Murano, Venice               = Italy

After much ado, my son, Chad thought of de Vigni.

DeVigniDesigns is thus named after Saint Catherine de Vigni, the patron saint of arts, who lived in Bologna, Italy. She was born on September 8, 1413, died on March 9, 1463 in Bologna, Italy due to a serious illness. She became a saint on May 22, 1712 by Pope Clement XI.

So in a nutshell, this is how DeVigniDesigns was born!

Ciao,



Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment